Women's well-being... The Rose sung by Suzan Erens, Carla Maffioletti and Carmen
- empoweredsustenance.com/salt-is-good-for-you - your hormones
- empoweredsustenance.com/low-fat-diet-bad for hormones
- empoweredsustenance.com/magnesium-oil-uses - for hormones
- omb Squat Series Part 2: Squatting on the Pot
- Premular: for the symptomatic relief of premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- 7 Secrets that Cured My Acne Without Chemicals
- Hormone Imbalance: Recognizing and Resolving It Naturally
- list of some of the symptoms of magnesium deficiency Dr. Carolyn Dean mentioned.
- Acid Reflux, Low energy, Adrenal Fatigue, Anxiety
- Infertility, Panic Attacks, PMS, Menstrual Cramps
- High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, Constipation
- Migraines, Morning Sickness, Heart Attacks, IBS
- Inflammation, Insomnia, Kidney Stones, Seizures
- Restless Leg syndrome
- Hormone help
- Empoweredsustenance/Make Gelatin-tulsi-gelee-for-natural-hormone-healing
- Hot flushes, irritability, tiredness, itchy skin etc.
Eat natural whole foods
Increase EFA/Essential Fatty Acids
Drink more fluids
- Avoid all processed meats, artificial additives, colours, flavours.
- Eliminate: sugar, processed food/processed meats, take-aways,
- soy, dairy, seed oils/margarine,
- reduce grain intake, consider going gluten free.
- Eat vegies, make vegie juice, increase Omega 3/essential fatty acids.
- eg avocado, nuts, seeds, green leaf veg
Use coconut oil in baking, use cold pressed olive oil on salads,
use ghee, lard in small quantities
- use healthy salt ie celtic or himalayan.
- Make bone broth soups.
+ Go to a Health shop and ask for a natural hormone supplement, they work very well.
A safe and effective way to control the hot flashes is through adopting a healthy, plant-based diet.
A study published in the journal Menopause found that
“a diet consisting primarily of fruits, vegetables, and whole foods helped postmenopausal women
both lose weight and manage night sweats and hot flashes.”
Women whose diets are low in bad fats eg margarine/seed oils and high in fresh fruits,
vegetables and healthy grains, like quinoa, brown rice, oats, sprouted grains, chia.
have a tendency to lose more weight, which leads to a decrease in symptoms.
Additionally, a plant-based diet is higher in phytoestrogens,
a substance found in plant foods that exhibits estrogen like properties
and can help offset many of the complications related to menopause.
A study entitled, Phytoestrogens in postmenopausal indications, reported that phytoestrogens “
could play a role in the prevention of other estrogen-related conditions, namely, cardiovascular diseases, menopausal symptoms, postmenopausal osteoporosis, neuroprotective effects,
and hormone-dependent cancers (breast and endometrium cancer).”
Some great sources of phytoestrogens are whole grains, chick peas, green beans and black beans.
Almonds, peanuts, cashews and walnuts are also high in phytoestrogens,
as are winter squash, broccoli, green beans, collards, and onions.
Apricots, dates, prunes, peaches, berries and seeds (particularly pumpkin, sunflower and sesame)
are also good choices when trying to incorporate more phytoestrogens into your diet.
So if you are one of the millions of women experiencing the symptoms of menopause,
before you turn to HRT’s, first try a diet low in fat and rich in these plant foods.
While it can’t turn back the clock, it could help you turn down your internal thermostat
and look and feel years younger in the process!
- Natural Menstrual Alternatives
- A nutrient-rich diet during pregnancy saved my daughter's life
- Natural heartburn remedy, even for pregnant mothers
- Natural Heartburn Remedies
- Tips to Make Once a Month House Cleaning Work
- Treating Depression Naturally: Supplements, Herbs and Foods for Feeling Better
- What is Adrenal Fatigue and Do I Have It?
- Adrenal Fatigue: Help and Resources for Healing
- Leave the Butter Out! (on the counter)
- Can too much sauerkraut damage your thyroid?
- Nourish your children with real foods
- Constipation remedy ie Nourishedandnurtured/magnesium-rich-balanced-breakfast-shake
- Thedailydietribe/post-youve-been-waiting-for-how-to-cure constipation